Powered by Blogger.

Kellan Lutz says he gets a lot more face time in 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'

    Kellan Lutz dishes about "New Moon" and "Eclipse" on his interview with tuftsdaily.com.

    Anna Williams: Three words to describe Emmett?

    Kellan Lutz: Loveable Teddy bear.

    AW: Three words to describe yourself?

    KL: Loveable Teddy bear.

    AW: As an insider, how do you explain the "Twilight" phenomenon?

    KL: I wish I could. I don’t really see it for what it is, as an outsider would see it. I actually wish I could step away from it like that. But now we all, as a cast, live in this Twilight Zone. It’s a huge part of our lives, and it will continue to be for the next few years until we’re done with all the movies. I think five years from now, when everything is said and done, we’re going to look back and look at all the fan mail and look at all the scrapbooks and look at all the interviews...watch the movies again, and actually watch them as movies, and I’m going to just sit there in awe of this phenomenon that is Twilight.

    AW: So it sounds like it’s been a really positive experience for you, but have there been any drawbacks?

    KL: I don’t really get to spend time with my loved ones. I miss my dog, and my family and my friends. Thank God they are only taking three months to shoot. We shoot on the West Coast, and I find myself working six day weeks, with only Sundays off to myself. So I book a ticket for that morning, fly home for 12 hours, and book a ticket for that night to get back to work by Sunday morning. All just to see my dog.

    AW: So how has this affected your family’s life?

    KL: Well my mom, everyone knows her as Kellan’s mom, and she lives in Arizona. She’s so loving, and just awesome. You know, it’s weird having cousins come out that I never knew existed. People are contacting my mother and saying “hey I’m so-and-so, and can I have Kellan’s number?” And my mom has to think of some excuse as to why she doesn’t have my number for some reason- like I’m out of the country or something. But I have had a lot of relatives of relatives of relatives come out of the woodwork. But this has changed my life only for the better. I mean, yeah it’s crazy people knowing my name, but it is so humbling when people want my autograph, or a picture with me, because I am really just Kellan. I really haven’t changed who I am from before Twilight. I still do the same things I’ve done; I mean, maybe I style my hair now, and try to wear matching shoes and socks.

    AW: So, going back to your hair...what motivated you to dye it?

    KL: This is my normal hair color! I just had the black stripped out, because I get sick of it. It’s not really me, and I want to be myself. I sat in a makeup chair for three and a half hours, and they just stripped the color out -- my hair is normally strawberry blonde, and gets very light in the summer. I just think blondes have more fun, and I just wanted to be back to myself.

    AW: What kinds of things do you like to do, other than acting?

    KL: You know, I have fun doing just about everything. The other day I was at jury duty, and I found this old grandpa dude, who was just sitting there looking really pissed-off, and I folded up a piece of paper and we started playing football. And he was having so much fun! We would sit there and start hitting people and annoying them. I really find fun in anything, even when I am by myself. I love painting and drawing, and just being active outside. Being outdoors, swimming, and just hanging out with my dog are all things I really enjoy.

    AW: What kind of music is on your iPod right now?

    KL: Everything, actually. I have yet to listen to all the songs on there. I listen to different songs depending on my mood. When I’m going to the gym I like something that’s pushy, like rap, like J-Z, Z-Trip, Little Wayne, a little Kayne sometimes. I love Kings of Leon and Jack Johnson to mellow out too. Robin Thicke, Paramore, Citizen Cope, Incubus....I could go down the list.

    AW: And what can we expect from "Eclipse" (2010)?

    KL: A lot more from my character, thank god! I haven’t really done anything in these two movies besides be a presence. But "Eclipse" is such an action movie, and it was so much fun to film. I can’t wait to see the trailer! I’m really excited for that movie. In "Eclipse" I actually have great scenes with Kristen, and it’s really fun making her laugh, because that’s what my character does. I make her laugh when I’m not supposed to, and we end up having to reshoot the scene.

    AW: What is the most outrageous thing a fan has ever done to get your attention?

    KL: There was this one time when I was running with my dog down the street, and I see this car go past me. All of a sudden, the car comes to a screeching halt, and this woman gets out and screams, “Emmett!” I turn around and start booking it in the other direction. And I hear this flip-flops running after me, and two seconds later this water bottle is skidding right past me. And I was like, “Did you just throw that?” and she was like, “I wanted you to stop and say hi!” And I was just like, “Oh, hey...”


    Source: TuftsDaily

Post Title

Kellan Lutz says he gets a lot more face time in 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'


Post URL

http://katastroffysik.blogspot.com/2009/11/kellan-lutz-says-he-gets-lot-more-face.html


Visit katastroffysik for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive