Powered by Blogger.

TIME Magazine's Q&A: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Star Robert Pattinson


    TIME: You took on an edgy vampire movie and it's become this. Did you know what you were signing up for?

    Robert Pattinson: I had no idea it was going to be like this. I really had no idea until... I guess I still don't. The time that it hit me really was when we were shooting in Italy and the emotional reaction — it wasn't just screaming. It was like people were so intently listening and watching. After every take there was polite applause. And it wasn't hysteria. It was literally devotion to the characters. It was amazing. I haven't felt that in any other situation.
    (See TIME's photo collection: The New Moon cast portraits)


    Casting Edward was crucial to the franchise. What did Catherine Hardwicke see in you?

    I don't know. I was a little intimidated by Kristen in my audition. So I played it like a guy who is beating himself up a lot about everything. I don't think anyone else did it like that. I think they concentrated on the confidence aspect. If you read the book, you know he's the perfect man, ideal man. If you're a guy you have certain ideals about what you think is attractive. And that's why I didn't go into it for ages, because I thought I'd end up being silly in the audition. I'd be posing. I guess I tried to ignore every aspect of the confident hero of the story. And I played the extreme opposite. It didn't end up being that in the film.
    (See TIME's gallery: 90 years of vampires on the silver screen)


    If they'd cast the other guy for Edward, would the franchise have been as successful as it is today?

    I honestly don't know. No matter how famous I get as an individual, it's always evened — or even surpassed — by the fame of Edward Cullen. That's got to mean something. I don't mind that. That's just the way it is.

    Why are America and the world so mental about it?

    I was just in Japan, but when I first went there in February, the people who went to the fan events there were mainly people who went to American schools. This time it was entirely Japanese the audience. No one could really speak English, but they reacted in the same way as they have around the world. Even the distributor was saying, Japanese audiences don't react like this. And they were stunned by the whole thing.

    There must be this weird, primal thing in people that they react to. There are so many love stories that come out. So many vampire stories that come out. Even the load of vampire stories coming out now have the exact same story line. This doesn't have the same reaction. I think it's all about being part of a club. People used to say it was a guilty pleasure. But I don't even think it is that anymore. I think people genuinely appreciate that they are part of something.

    Click HERE to read more


    Source: Time.com

Post Title

TIME Magazine's Q&A: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Star Robert Pattinson


Post URL

http://katastroffysik.blogspot.com/2009/11/time-magazine-q-twilight-saga-new-moon.html


Visit katastroffysik for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive