Powered by Blogger.

Kristen Stewart Interview, Adventureland

    MoviesOnline sat down with Kristen Stewart to talk about her new movie "Adventureland" coming on April 3rd.

    Here’s what the super talented Kristen Stewart had to tell us about “Adventureland” and her upcoming projects:

    MoviesOnline: Kristen, can you tell me what you're wearing?

    Kristen Stewart: Oh, I don't know. I would. I'm not being secretive about it. I just don't know. I just saw it and went, 'I like that.'

    MoviesOnline: So a stylist didn't do this?

    Kristen Stewart: Oh, no. I saw it on a rack and said, 'Yeah. I'll wear that.'

    MoviesOnline: Is it weird to get asked fashion questions about what you’re wearing all the time?

    Kristen Stewart: Yeah, it is so weird for me because it's not something that I think about a whole lot and it’s such a large aspect of that area of media. It's weird.

    MoviesOnline: Did Greg [Mottola] tell you if your character was based on someone that he knew?

    Kristen Stewart: I think that she was based somewhat on compiled girlfriends of his in the past, a melding of a couple of different people, failed relationships with girls who were kind of damaged, but not a specific person. So it wasn't one relationship that he had in the movie.

    MoviesOnline: Did you know anyone like her growing up?

    Kristen Stewart: I never met a terribly introverted and damaged girl at a theme park in the '80's.

    MoviesOnline: But did you base the character on someone that you knew or could you relate to her?

    Kristen Stewart: I mean, I related to her because I like characters that are written that are whole, that doesn't feel like…[where] it's easy to tell what would be right and wrong and how they would feel about something because they're very defined. It's not like they’re just a place holder. I'm not like the girl in the movie. She's a real person. So, I got all my inspiration from her. I could imagine what it would be like to not like yourself very much and not have a mom and not have a dad to reassure you and sort of be kicking it alone and feel like you're sort of smarter than everyone but no one gets it. I get all of that. Then the masochist aspects girls are good at so I can relate on that level.

    MoviesOnline: What's your take on her dating such an older guy?

    Kristen Stewart: I don't think she's too excited about. I think it's masochistic, like I said. It's an outlet for her and it's just something that she can go do and it's mindless and it's like she has this void and it's not necessarily being filled by that, but it's a distraction. She's not proud of it. That sounds like she probably went to school and was like, 'I'm dating this guy and he's totally cool.' She's not doing that. She's ashamed of it. She doesn't tell people about it. It's obviously not something that she's too excited about, but she keeps doing it.

    MoviesOnline: Was it fun playing a character like that that’s rebellious and does that kind of thing?

    Kristen Stewart: Yeah. I think that was more about her dad getting to know that she was actually a real person and not just a little girl, that your little girl is going to grow up into a woman that does things for her own good, makes her own personal choices that wouldn't necessarily coincide with his. She's a grownup now and that's hard for a dad to deal with. But I think she may have actually really liked that guy. It seemed like that funeral thing was actually genuine. She wasn't just there to piss her dad off.

    MoviesOnline: Is there anything from the era of the '80's that you love?

    Kristen Stewart: I like a lot of music. I like the sort of alternative music. I'm not too into 'Rock Me Amadeus'.

    MoviesOnline: When you read a script, what makes you either want to do it or not?

    Kristen Stewart: 'This is going to be a great movie. They are obviously going in the right direction…in choosing me.' [laughs]

    MoviesOnline: What was the most fun scene that you got to shoot, the bumper cars?

    Kristen Stewart: God. I didn't think that was very fun.

    MoviesOnline: When you weren't shooting, did you get to play around on the rides?

    Kristen Stewart: We weren't allowed to go on the rides until the end and then they stuck us on the most dangerous, rickety old ride that they had at the park and that was the one ride that we got to ride. We did it like fifteen times though.

    Click here to read the rest


    Source: MoviesOnline

Post Title

Kristen Stewart Interview, Adventureland


Post URL

http://katastroffysik.blogspot.com/2009/03/kristen-stewart-interview-adventureland.html


Visit katastroffysik for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive