Powered by Blogger.

Will Juan Antonio Bayona really helm "Eclipse?"

    Summit Entertainment's president Erik Feig is accusing Los Angeles Times blogger Patrick Goldstein of misquoting him yesterday (March 12) regarding Nikki Finke's report about hiring Juan Antonio Bayona as the new director for "Eclipse."
    Summit Entertainment's president of worldwide production and acquisitions Erik Feig is accusing Los Angeles Times blogger Patrick Goldstein of misquoting him today about the accuracy of my reporting. And the movie executive has apologized to me. Feig also confirms that there's no policy at his studio demanding that journalists must contact him, and only him, whenever they write about Summit films. (Especially since I've posted more than 25 news articles about Summit pictures in the past year, many of them scoops, and never got that Finke-Must-Call-Feig memo.) Feig told me he plans to confont the LA Times columnist who has slammed me three times this week alone (and each time mischaracterized what I'd written and refused to correct it). I'm still waiting for Goldstein to publish my response today that I stand by my story, which I worded very specifically to say: "I can confirm that Summit Entertainment is telling Hollywood privately that Juan Antonio Bayona will direct Eclipse." I'd hate to think Patrick is becoming one of those journalists who, because they can't break news, dump on those who do. And I look forward to Feig demonstrating that being a Hollywood exec, and doing the right thing, are not mutually exclusive.

    Source: HollywoodDeadlineDaily

Post Title

Will Juan Antonio Bayona really helm "Eclipse?"


Post URL

http://katastroffysik.blogspot.com/2009/03/will-juan-antonio-bayona-really-helm.html


Visit katastroffysik for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive